Bonefish Grill GIVEAWAY!
When we heard the news that our beloved Bonefish Grill had swum upstream out of the Flo Rida borders and into the A, we immediately flipped the eff out. Okay okay, if you didn't attend the prestigious Florida State University you may not understand, but dining at Bonefish Grill was like an uber luxury. I mean, we felt so passionate about Bonefish that almost every Wednesday night, we would leave our beloved Nike tempo treks at home, attempt to put on real pants and make our way on over for their $5 bang bang shrimp/chicken (pictured here). In which we immediately regretted ever wearing real pants instead of leggings. And coincidentally enough, we were quickly reunited with that same experience at the opening of their Atlanta location last week and TBH, we weren't mad about it at all.
We were greeted with some seriously sexy cocktails and have even included the recipe below so you can be all domesticated and drunk for yourselves! From there, we could barely contain our excitement when the mecca/bang bang chicken & shrimp was placed in front of us. It was literally gone within minutes and another blogger definitely called us out for consuming it so fast but like we DGAF. Just as good as we remembered. Everything else from there was a blur and before we knewit we couldn't breathe....
Sage Pomegranate Martini
Your favorite vodka 1.5 oz
Fresh Sage Simple Syrup 1 oz
POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice 1 oz
Cointreau OR similar orange/flavored liqueur .25 oz
Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice 1 oz
Angostura Bitters 2 dashes
Pasteurized Egg Whites .50 oz (optional)
Method to Mixing:
• Pack a pint glass or a martini shaker with ice.
• Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin and shake until icy cold.
• Strain into a frozen martini glass.
• Garnish with fresh sage leaf for garnish.
Fresh Sage Simple Syrup:
Bring a 6 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add 4 cups of sugar in the raw (for richer texture) or super fine sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add 10-15 fresh sage leaves and let boil for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool. Cover & refrigerate for 24-48 flavors.
Note: The sage needs time to infuse throughout the simple syrup so the longer you infuse, the brighter your flavor will be.
• The orange liqueur (Cointreau or similar) is going to add a bit of balance to the martini but not a ton of flavor, so tweak the flavor of cordial that you use to best accommodate the flavors that you love.
o For a richer flavor, use a liqueur like Grand Marnier. For a sweeter orange flavor, use Cointreau.
o For something different, try Solerno blood orange liqueur to give a unique spin.
o For an alternate to orange liqueur, use St. Germain elderflower liqueur or Domaine de Canton ginger liquer for a unique spin.
• The egg whites are a flavor enhancer and will bring the full flavor of pomegranate to the center stage as well as a balancing agent to effectively balance between the right amount of sweet & savory.
• Without the egg whites, pull back slightly on the Pomegranate juice depending upon sweetness desired.
• Don’t forget the bitters. It’s a key element to the perfect balance in this martini.
• For perfect aromatics, clap the fresh sage between your hands before garnishing the martini. This will release the oils and bring the aroma to the forefront.
And now, we wanna share the Bonefish Grill love with all y'all bc this bang bang is apparently meant to be shared (our bad). You know what that means.... GIVEAWAY TIME!
TO ENTER: Click our rafflecopter link seen above and you will be entered to win a $25 gift card to our beloved Bonefish. We are giving away 3 so the odd's are like totally in your favor. BANG ON PARTY PPL. (Giveaway ends 2/20/17 at 12 a.m. Winner will be announced on the blog 2/21/17)